Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Please pray, mama

It is my privilege to share this Facebook entry posted this week by my daughter, mother of two: I love God’s word! Two-year-old Jakie was clearly tired and cranky and now MAD! I pulled out my Bible study and we read what God’s word says about “anger,” and what His word says to do. I asked Jakie if he felt mad inside. He grunted, “YES!” I shared with him that sometimes I feel angry too, and sometimes I disobey God and act in my flesh and miss the mark. I SIN. I then feel sad in my heart that I chose the flesh and ask the Lord to forgive me. I talk to Him about what I said and did that dishonored Him and the other person. I told Jakie I usually cry because of my sinful behavior. He inched closer to me now. I read Galatians: “Walk by the Spirit and you will not carry out the desires of the flesh.” I asked Jakie if anger made him feel good inside and he yelped, “No!” I asked if he’d like the feeling to go away, and he quickly nodded his head. I told Him I love him and even more so, that GOD loves him and wants what’s best for him, so much that He sent His one and only Son to die in our place. Jakies eyes brightened: “Like when we watched the Jesus movie earlier! God sent JESUS for us. I want to pray. You please pray mama!” I prayed and my sweet blue-eyed Jakie’s heart was restored and he was ready to finish some Bible passages, SAY HIS PSALM and head for bed! God never ceases to cause me to stand in awe. He caused both of us to draw near to Him through the truth and power of His word! Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment