Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Godly characteristics

I was listening to the car radio a few days ago when the speaker, whose name I cannot recall, talked about "the characteristics of a godly man."

There were four characteristics on his list. They follow, with associated Scriptures:

Listener. Mark 9:7: "Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud: 'This is My beloved Son. Listen to Him'."

Righteous. Hebrews 10:38: "But My righteous one shall live by faith; and if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him."

Obedient. 1 Peter 1:14: "As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance."

Humble. Isaiah 66:2: "For My hand made all these things, thus all these things came into being, declares the Lord. But to this one I will look, to him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word."

No comments:

Post a Comment