Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

God and work

In cleaning my office today I discovered a very nice journal in one of my stacks. It has only a single entry on its opening page. The date was June 25, 2007, and my entry follows:

God tells us to rest in Him. He tells us not to fear. We are to surrender all to Him, including our fears about "providing." That does not change when we take a job, marry, become fathers, assume leadership roles in the body. We are still -- always -- to seek His will and to enter into His plan with our eyes fixed on Jesus, after Whom we are to model our lives, and place our hopes for the future (eternity!).

Our work, meant by the enemy to be a source of stress and separation from God, should be delivered over to Him so that it, like the rest of our earthly endeavors, can serve to glorify Him. Our "job" should be to seek continued opportunity to worship and glorify "I am."

2 comments:

  1. "I'm no longer a slave to fear. I am a child of God." Good words, Brother. We are hoping only in Jesus! (Keep working on the stacks...no telling what you might uncover...)

    ReplyDelete