Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Thursday, January 10, 2019

I will use you


Because I am a writer, I often scratch out brief notes that I think might have value at a later date. One such note floated to the surface the other day during an office search. It was an encouragement to me, so I decided to share it here.

The note was actually an email I shared with my pastor the morning after a Wednesday night Bible study.

I wrote: “Spencer and I shared a common ‘revelation’ last night, essentially to rest in who we are, to simply move ahead boldly at the Lord’s direction, seeking always to do His will, even if our own ‘record’ of accomplishments in His service seems modest to us.”

The message the Father had for me: “Be Steve. You are My beloved son, and My will for you is good. I will use you. Let Me define what is ‘praiseworthy.’ Focus on My Son, and I will do the rest.”

Psalm 46:10: “Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

2 Co 12:10: “Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Thank you, Holy Spirit, for Your constant reminders to focus on Jesus rather than myself – who I am and who I am not. I know that when I walk with Jesus He will direct me, and regardless of circumstances I will be given opportunities to serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment