Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Time together in the Word

 


Is there anything better than reading the Bible out loud with a loved one?

A friend of mine shared with me not long ago that he and his wife have been starting the day with Scripture and prayer.

I recently committed to a 90-day reading of the New Testament, and my wife jumped at the suggestion we share some of those readings together. When we do, we take turns reading, and it is a coveted time.

One of our shared readings recently was Matthew 19 regarding marriage. “So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”

Love and marriage are precious gifts, part of God’s design for those He created in His own image. May we always be eager to share our “oneness” in Bible study, conversation and prayer.

Isaiah 55:11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment