Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Iron sharpens iron

I had the privilege Sunday of intimate prayer with five men: three individually and two in a group. My Tuesday morning began with prayer in a group of several fathers who have agreed to gather at 6 a.m. each week. The day ended with a group of six Christian brothers, also committed to each other on a weekly basis. The evening included share-and-prayer opportunities which, as always, yielded gifts from the Father. Wednesday morning I met one-on-one with a brother who reported tremendous spiritual revelation in recent weeks. We shared a prayer of thanks and praise.

What an awesome week this has been, and it's only Wednesday!

It has been a number of years since my wife, inspired by the Holy Spirit, "nudged" me in the direction of a Christian men's group. I was apprehensive, but the blessings continue to flow!

Psalm 23:5
"Thou preparest a table before me, in the presence of my enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over."

God tells us that from the beginning His desire has been intimate relationship. When we die to ourselves and are born again, we experience the freedom of His grace. We are given new eyes, a new heart. The "new man" covets, thrives on relationship with the Creator/Redeemer. He loves relationship with each of His children, but He also desires that we enter into relationship with others.

Galatians 4:6-7
"Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has also made you an heir."

I give thanks that as a redeemed child of the Creator, I am given the privilege of sharing the gospel with others in order that they might become heirs as well. Make no mistake: God's grace is offered to ALL, and His heart leaps with joy each time a girl or boy, woman or man, surrenders her/his heart to Him. I believe, however, that many Christian men have bought into the lie that faith is "personal," that matters of the heart are best left unspoken.

This is no time for passivity. Godly men are called to accept responsibility, lead courageously and to expect God's greater reward. I give thanks for the blessings/strength that flow out of relationship with my Christian brothers. I pray that His call to walk together in boldness will fan into flames the embers of faith among millions of Christian men in the U.S.

Psalm 133:1
"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!"

Proverbs 27:17
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment