Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Reject passivity

    One of the most rewarding gifts of fellowship granted to me in recent years is a weekly men's group initiated in part out of recognition that "iron sharpens iron." (Proverbs 27:17) On occasion, I have journaled during or following our evening sessions. The following is a partial entry from 2006:

    "Don't believe the enemy's lies, especially in regard to God's character. He charges: 'You are only...' while God tells us: 'I love you and desire relationship with you for eternity'." (John 3:16)

    "I am a precious son of the Creator, a member of the royal priesthood. (1 Peter 2:9; Revelation 1:6) I am a unique, beloved creature of the one and only God. He has given me talents, and my responsibility is to 'invest' them, NOT to bury them out of fear that He is a harsh master. His love and grace are limitless." (Luke 19:11)

    "Worship and glorify the Father. Step out. Be bold, a warrior battling with the prince of the earth, armed with the awesome knowledge that He/we have already won! If God be for us, who can be against us? (Isaiah 41:11-16) What do we have to fear when we have the gift of grace, the promise of life eternal?"

No comments:

Post a Comment