Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Proper perspective

This evening I found a torn sheet of paper in my Bible. It is not uncommon for me during the course of Bible study to turn to the back pages of my notebook to make separate notes to tear off for more immediate access (like my shirt pocket). I turned this piece of paper over to read: "I was created not for salvation, but to glorify God. He does not exist for me. I exist for Him."

I'm relatively sure that was a gem delivered by my pastor during one of his Wednesday night Bible studies. I give thanks today for our pastor, who loves Jesus and is committed to his call to teach the Word, taking our fellowship through the Bible verse by verse. I give thanks for the reminder that I need on a regular basis: It is not about me, but about the awesome grace of a sovereign Creator whose perfect plan makes provision for life eternal with His children. I have the privilege of relationship, in order that He might be glorified.

John 8:24
"Jesus replied, 'If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, who you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me'."

Psalm 86:12
"I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment