Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The street of life

It was wonderful over the weekend to have my 26-year-old son present me with a CD of several praise songs he had written and produced with new computer software. I haven't seen his song lyrics on paper, but among the lines I recall from one song were references to "the street of life" -- "I'm ready to cross the street, Jesus. I'm ready to cross the street. Hold my hand Lord."

This morning at a weekly "dads" group session we talked about the vital importance of our roles as parents ("Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6). The "street of life" reference sparks memories of fast moving, unpredictable toddlers, busy streets and the occasional need to discipline in an effort to guard against a tragic accident.

Lord willing, our children grow to be adults, at which time we will no longer be in a position to literally guard over them as they approach the "busy street." It was heartwarming to me last weekend to hear my adult son's heart, calling on God the Father to "hold his hand" even as I have been called to let him go.

I give thanks to the Father for the incredible Good News that He knows, loves and desires for ALL to receive Him and the protection He promises. He knows all, is everywhere. He is never distracted or disinterested. He is Truth. He is Love. May He continue to gift and encourage "workers" to act and speak into the lives of our children long after they have left the protection of our homes. May He provide "workers" to water and nurture the seeds of faith planted ... may He give us patience and hope as we pray for loved ones who have yet to surrender to the freedom of His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment