Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Safe in battle?!

One of the most well known among U.S. Civil War military leaders was a man by the name of Thomas Jackson. Jackson, an officer in the Confederate army, made his place in history as the result of courageous acts born out of his Christian faith.

In the first battle of Bull Run, Jackson distinguished himself by a display of resolute calm even as he led from a front line post on horseback. In the midst of the death and destruction of war, Jackson remained calm, issuing orders and focusing on his troops. Another general observed Jackson and said: "There stands Jackson like a stone wall."

Jackson emerged with a new nickname: "Stonewall Jackson." When someone asked him about his remarkable composure in battle he responded: "My religious belief teaches me that I'm just as safe on the battlefield as I am in my bed. The Lord has already appointed the day of my death, so I need not worry about that. I live my life and prepare myself so I will always be ready to meet my Lord, when death does overtake me."

Numbers 14:9
"Only do not rebel against the Lord. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will swallow them up. Their protection is gone, but the Lord is with us. Do not be afraid of them." (Ten spies sent by Moses into Canaan returned with fearful reports. They chose to fear men. Only two of the spies urged an attack into the Promised Land. They chose to fear God.)
Psalm 56:11
"In God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
Psalm 27:1
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

No comments:

Post a Comment