Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Monday, March 2, 2015

He is there to see us through

Late last year a dear young friend lost his wife to cancer. During Rebecca’s illness … the battle … she and Michael witnessed to many their faith in Jesus Christ. Often they shared on Facebook. Recently Michael chose to share again, from his heart and from Rebecca’s through a note she wrote before she died. Their thoughts were, and continue to be, worth sharing. Michael opened his Facebook entry:

“So often, we feel as though we need an explanation. We want to know why certain things happen to wonderful people but not to others. We try to justify the events of our lives. I believe it’s this desire for justice that keeps us from finding the peace we are looking for. We are comforted by friends and family who say things like, “Sometimes there just isn't an answer” or “We just aren't meant to know.”

But there is an answer. And I’m going to tell you all what it is.

The answer is that He didn’t promise us a perfect life on this earth. He didn’t promise us a life without pain. He didn’t promise us a life without loss, heartache, sorrow, or injustice. In fact, if anything, He promised us a life full of these things, as well as great joy.

But what He promised us most is that He would be there with us to see us through all of it. And I look at all of you and the ways that you are there for one another and I see the evidence of that with my own eyes.

I have gone back and forth over the course of the past few months as to whether I was going to post this or not. But I feel like there may be some people out there who might receive some comfort from it, and also, I promised her I would. I read this at Rebecca’s memorial. I hope it means as much for all of you to read as it did for her to say:

A message from Rebecca...
“My dear friends and family. I asked Michael to read this for me when I was gone. I hope it doesn’t upset you but I’ve been given the opportunity to do something that most people don't get upon leaving this world. The chance to say goodbye.
I have had a lot of time to pray and reflect upon the ways that I have come to know and love all of you. No matter how briefly or in how small a way, I’m grateful to be connected to you all. I leave in your care my two greatest treasures on this earth, my darling husband and my precious little girl. They are both wonderful people who will undoubtedly be there for all of you in the same way you all have been for us.
Thank you for your tears, although I ask that you please not mourn me for long. I’ve been called home by my Father and am now dancing with the angels. I’m not afraid, more anxious. I don't know what Heaven will be like. My only hope is that I will in some way get to see you all again. Thank you for sharing your lives with me. I love you all dearly. Hugs. Rebecca”

No comments:

Post a Comment