Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Not goodbye, but see you soon!

How wonderful it is to be in the company of fellow believers following the death of a brother or sister in Christ. Mourning is part of God's plan, to be sure, but we ultimately celebrate the blessed assurance that our loved one is in God's presence immediately, all tears and pain gone for eternity. I took this photograph last week as a few dozen of us gathered at the graveside of a dear brother, joining hands as the service opened with prayer. I recall often the words my uncle said at my father's graveside: "This is not goodbye, but see you soon!" Thank you, LORD, for your saving grace!
    2 Corinthians 5:8: "... we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment