Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Monday, February 18, 2019

Complete in Christ



A popular saying comes to mind as I prepare to embark on an 8-week study of Paul’s letter to the Colossians:

“It’s not what you know, but who you know.”

And then there is the familiar directive I embraced as a career journalist: “Define who, what, where, when and why” before you write your article.

This morning I opened the packet I received yesterday as I am one week away from a detailed study of Colossians.

The study overview, prepared by my son-in-law and daughter (an awesome teaching team!) notes that our culture emphasizes self-examination, self-fulfillment as keys to the healthy life.

“Supposedly, it will set you on a path toward self-improvement,” wrote our teaching team. “Yet, how is this working for most people? A quick scan of culture reveals that no matter how much we know about ourselves, we still fall short.”

Short, that is, of enjoying the eternal blessings of joy and peace.

“In God’s word we find a different approach to identity,” write our study leaders. “In understanding that it’s not about us, but rather about Christ in us, we move from a self-centered faith to a Christ-centered one.”

Jesus. Jesus. It’s all about Jesus!

I look forward to this study of Paul’s letter to the Colossians, who were no different from us as they pondered how to walk out this life with Christ – despite the potentially fatal distractions of the fallen world we live in.

I pray, Lord, that you will bless the commitment of this teaching team, and that of the brothers and sisters who will join together in this study of your Word.

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come.” 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment