Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Cast 'the shakes' to Him!

From time to time I find myself alone on those early Tuesday mornings when the complications of life find my brothers in Christ on a track that does not include our weekly coffee and prayer session (I would be the first to admit I miss my share of early morning gatherings too, especially in the dark, cold winter months.)

This morning time is never wasted, however, as I usually take the opportunity to read Scripture or a devotional. Today it was "Grace Thru Faith" by Jack Kelley, who focused on Psalm 62:
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken."
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."
"And surely I am with you always,” Jesus promised, “even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20)

“Let not your hearts be troubled. You trust in God. Trust also in me.” (John 14:1) He was speaking to us as well. He’s trustworthy.

“If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?” (Romans 8:31-32) No one can thwart His plan.

Our obstacles are right there in front of us, only too obvious, so Paul advised us to fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.

"For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18) To allow the tangible, physical things of this world, or the countering activities of our enemies to stop us is to yield to the temporary things while ignoring the permanent ones.

To be sure, "what is seen," even though temporary, can present an overwhelming temptation to falter, to be victimized by debilitating fear. To be "shaken!"

But may we, His precious children, always remember that God the Father, "Who is with me, always," can be trusted to walk with us, from here into eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment