Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Serving The One Who loves me

Right now I am working my way through a book inspired by the writings of the late American pastor-theologian Jonathan Edwards ("The Essential Edwards Collection").

This morning I want to share an excerpt from a sermon he titled, "Serving God in Heaven:"

"When man serves God, he acts most according to his nature. He is employed in that sort of action that is most distinguishing of him from the beasts. He acts then in a way most according to the end of his formation, and most agreeable to his make and formation of the human nature itself. A man never acts so rationally as when he serves God. No actions (are) so agreeable to reason, and all that are contrary to reason. And therefore, doubtless, his happiness consists in serving God."

May my "works" of this life, Lord, be in service to You ... out of gratitude, joy ... by Your inspiration, in preparation and anticipation of a life eternal worshiping and glorifying You. "Show me the way I should go."


No comments:

Post a Comment