Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Bruised, not broken, in His service

In an early morning text exchange I learned today that one of my daughters is suffering the lingering effects of a migraine headache. After promising prayer, I teased: "You  need to be restored to 100 percent for today's divine appointments."

In fact, that is far from the truth, as any seasoned believer knows. It is often in times of physical duress that we serve most effectively as followers of Christ!

It is our illnesses, injuries and challenging emotional times that draw us closer to the Lord. These are the times that build our sense of empathy, the perspective that serves us mightily in our relationships with others.

These are the times that make it clear to us there are countless circumstances beyond our control!

But Jesus is always at hand ... never "separated" from us regardless of the situation. We do not necessarily invite life's physical challenges, but we are called to embrace them as an undeniable part of God's plan.

Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness in our lives, often most evident as you restore us from illness and injury, or teach us to persevere in our pain. Thank you, Holy Spirit, for your comfort and healing. May we learn what You have to teach us from each of life's challenges.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29





No comments:

Post a Comment