Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Story behind a card

One of my favorite "hobbies" is creation of eCards with scriptures. There is a story behind each card, most of which provide evidence of my latest photo adventure.

This card, however, has a bit of a deeper story. The eagle pictured here was perched on a power pole just a few miles from the birthplace of my Grandfather, Marion Oliver Berentson. Grandpa loved the Lord and was bold in his commitment to making his faith known.

This area of Skagit County remains a farming area and as such is a hangout for birds ranging from blue herons and eagles to trumpeter swans and ducks.

Then there was the fact that my wife was my co-pilot, our first outing together for too long as she has been down with a series of seasonal illnesses. Our drive (as usual) called for her patience as I spotted birds and pulled over for photographs. (I had an opportunity to demonstrate patience as well as we parked at a shoreside park and sat for 20-plus minutes watching over the water.) My wife loves the Lord, too, and I count my marriage to her a precious blessing from a loving Father.

Finally, with eagle photo edited and posted on social media, I got a "Love it" response from a sister in Christ. I asked her to provide a favorite scripture and a few minutes later sent this finished product back her way. Creative/sentimental "loop" closed, everybody happy. Another happy day in the Son!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

"Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11







1 comment:

  1. Most excellent details of God's handiwork in nature and in you brother!!

    ReplyDelete