Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

'My feet have not slipped'


 A "silver lining" element of the stifling impact of COVID-19 lockdown measures has been a personal motivation to take more walks and hikes in this beautiful corner of the Pacific Northwest. Those adventures generally present opportunities to take photos such as the one printed above.

I can then combine my passions for photography and the word to create eCards to share with others.

Yesterday, on this walk alone from beach to the highway bridge above, I looked at the rock wall adjacent to the path and thought of Jesus: rock/fortress. No skinny wire fence, no split rail, but a substantial stone wall protecting the hiker from a precipitous bluff.

With Jesus, my rock, I can continue on this walk of life with full confidence that He is there with me always, protecting me and in worst case, standing with me through painful (even life threatening) stretches of that journey this side of Heaven.

Thank you, Jesus, for your promise to love me, to be my Savior, no matter the circumstances. I am grateful, confident, even courageous because I live a life surrendered to Your perfect plan for me.

(Note: Another silver lining is this "new world" is my conscious effort to stay in contact with brothers and sisters I cannot necessarily see face to face. This eCard, for example, will go out to a number of people God has placed on my heart, among them brothers in North Carolina, Kentucky and South Korea. Technology used to His purposes...)



No comments:

Post a Comment