Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Saturday, October 9, 2021


 Yesterday when I was sorting through desk drawers I discovered a small tract with the cover title: "If I gained the world, but lost the Savior." I don't recall how it came into my possession, but on the back in shaky script is the word "Mother."

Inside was a treasure -- a four stanza poem written under the title referenced above. There was no attribution on the tract, so I went to the internet and there it was: a 1904 hymn written by Anna Olander of Sweden, daughter of a teacher and pastor.

There is a reason the hymn was included in dozens of church hymnals "back in the day." I won't print all four verses, but this one in particular touched my heart:

"O the joy of having all in Jesus!

What a balm the broken heart to heal!

Ne'er a sin so great, but He'll forgive it,

Nor a sorrow that He does not feel!

If I have but Jesus, only Jesus,

Nothing else in all the world beside --

O then ev'rything is mine in Jesus;

For my needs and more He will provide."

Oh, precious Savior, I give thanks again for the precious reality that while I was yet a sinner (Your enemy) You came to save me. There is nothing this world has to offer in comparison to a life surrendered under Your lordship. I pray that in these increasingly troubled times worldwide, countless people will hear the gospel message and come into Your outstretched arms. You, and You alone, can save the soul destined for either Heaven or Hell. Thank you for your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment