Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Imagine the 'reunion' of saints in Heaven!


 
Among "silver lining" elements of the long season of COVID-19 is the inspiration to pick up the pace on the creation and sharing of electronic cards featuring photos and scriptures (such as above).

Yes, there has been a physical separation from many people I love, but the sharing of eCards gives me opportunity to reach out to say "I'm thinking about you" or "I'm praying for you" or even better: "Jesus loves you!"

It is difficult, however, to establish and build relationship via texts and emails, a reality that was hammered home for me recently when I returned to church for a men's breakfast. As we worshipped via livestream for months, new brothers and sisters have joined our fellowship. I counted at least eight brothers at the breakfast who I have yet to meet.

Still, I am grateful for how technology has allowed believers around the world to continue to communicate even under restrictions. In one case, I was able to establish relationship with a young brother who lives in another state. God, being the awesome God He is, soon made it possible for us to meet face to face! What a blessing. Now our "conversations" and prayer continue via technology.

But wait, I thought to myself. Physical separation from other believers is nothing new in this world ... and the promise has always been that we will ultimately see each other face to face.

This is not our home, but our eternal home will be populated by all who have surrendered their hearts to God. Gathered together from across history! Fellowship forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment