Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thy will be done

I discovered this note I had scribbled on the back of a flyer, which means I likely got the quote from watching television (but I can't remember the source!):

"There is no better place to be than in the center of God's will."

Isn't that the truth! Jesus Himself said, "...but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded Me." (John 14:31) And: "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak." (John 12:49)

The "catch," then, is hearing God, determining His will. Pastor Les, a wonderful brother, often counsels on this subject:

"Simply ask the Father, 'What is it you're doing here, Lord? What is my role in it, and how can I most quickly align myself with your will'?"

It is God's desire to be in constant relationship with His children. He does not "walk away." He is not "otherwise engaged," or "distracted." Jesus was crucified, resurrected, and returned to be with the Father. That does not, however, mean that we are left to our own devices. Just as He sent His only Son to die for our sins, the Father sent the Holy Spirit to this fallen world after Christ ascended into Heaven:

"...the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." (John 14:26)

We can count on The Teacher, but God's will for us is the ultimate in "continuing education." We will never "complete the course" and put it behind us. We need to commit to being His worshipful students, recalling that ALL we have is His. We need to commit to "taking every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5), to study of the Bible and to prayer, the ongoing dialogue with the Creator who loves us so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment