Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

His desire that ALL be saved

God is awesome - and sometimes He blesses us with extraordinary glimpses of His infinite power. It was a routine visit to the market to pick up some groceries and a deli sandwich for a brief "dinner date" at the marina. I went inside to make the purchases while my wife waited in the car. When I returned to the car she looked at me and said, "Don't start the car yet." I knew by the expression on her face that she had something very important to say.

As it turns out, my wife was blessed with a supernatural experience while I was engaged in "the routine." In the hustle and bustle of a market parking lot, with main street traffic whizzing by just beyond, she had said to herself: "It's so tragic that so many of these people don't know Jesus." God responded immediately, however, in the way only He can. He gave my wife "eyes to see" from His perspective.

My wife and sister in Christ almost whispered as she pointed to a person in a passing car and said, "God is orchestrating a way to make Himself known in his life." Another car, and a passing pedestrian: "God is wooing that person, and that person!"

"God just showed me how big He is," she continued. "He is wooing His beloved everywhere, all over the world! He knows everyone, knows about everything in their lives. His infinite power is so beautiful!"

Thank you, Lord, for revealing to me yet again that your love, your grace, is intended for all. Forgive me for my selfish tendency to be "content" in my faith, to "nest" in the assurance of life eternal with you ... while too many still remain to be drawn into the fold. Help me, Lord, to see my fellow man through your eyes, not just occasionally, but daily. Strengthen me as I struggle with the constant habit of "circling the wagons" out of fear, or laziness, even as you call me to move forward WITH YOU into "the wilderness" to share the Good News.

Matthew 11:25
Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."

Matthew 9:37-38
"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field."

No comments:

Post a Comment