Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Faith, trust and obedience




In this blog entry I encourage you to link to a recent interview between two godly men who because of technology have reached untold millions around the world with the gospel message. The two are pastor and evangelist Greg Laurie and Focus on the Family founder Dr. James Dobson (pictured here; now head of FamilyTalk radio ministry).

In this interview, which was recorded at one of Laurie's Harvest Crusades in Anaheim, California, the two tackle a few of the "hard questions" faced at some time by all Christ followers. I won't give away details of the video, but I will reference a portion of the interview when Dr. Dobson quotes lyrics from the beloved hymn "It is Well with My Soul." The song notes Christ's warning that his followers will in this life experience not only peace, but sorrow as well. Regardless, however, we are called to lean on His promises to declare: "It is well, it is well with my soul."
John 16:33
Jesus said, "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment