Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fight for your family

At prayer service the other night our fellowship entered into prayer in defense of marriages. I recalled vulnerable times in my own marriage, times when I was preoccupied, focused on career but passive about my critical role as spiritual leader of my family. This song by Sanctus Real captures beautifully the heart cry of a wife and children seeking love and leadership from husband and father:

"Lead me with strong hands
Stand up when I can't
Don't leave me hungry for love
Chasing dreams, but what about us?

Show me you're willing to fight
That I'm still the love of your life
I know we call this our home
But I still feel alone

I see their faces, look in their innocent eyes
They're just children from the outside
I'm working hard, I tell myself they'll be fine
They're independent, but on the inside

Oh, I can hear them saying

Lead me with strong hands
Stand up when I can't
Don't leave me hungry for love
Chasing dreams, what about us?"

Lyrics by Matthew Hammitt, Jason Ingram, Christopher Jame Rohman

I give thanks for God's perfect plan of love; for the gifts of marriage and family. I give Him thanks for giving me "new eyes" to see my wife and children as He sees them, and for a passion to be responsible for leadership in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment