Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mission ministry doesn't require passport

“The mission field is wherever you are called to be. I believe our days are numbered, so it doesn’t matter what country I’m in.”

Those are the words of 24-year-old friend David Grove, who came home recently for a brief visit in the U.S. before returning to missionary work in Kampala, Uganda.

I recall the days of my youth, when I thought all "serious" Christians must serve as full-time ministers or missionaries. Today I understand how childish and restricting that idea was. When we are surrendered fully to God, when we grasp the magnitude of His grace in our own lives, we have a desire to share the good news with everyone. Our "mission field" then becomes wherever God has placed us: family home, school, workplace.

I pray that I will be recognized as a child of God, set apart from those who do not yet know Him, and that I will be willing, even eager, to "introduce" Him when God presents opportunity. In the meantime, I give thanks for Christian missionaries who respond to the great commission, leaving familiar, comfortable surroundings to bring the gospel to all corners of the world.

Isaiah 61:1
"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to captives and freedom to prisoners."

No comments:

Post a Comment