Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Monday, March 28, 2016

With Jesus, without the wish list

I am thankful today for a sobering reminder from a brother regarding my relationship with Jesus. So many prayers that are little else but wish lists. So little time just calling Him into relationship, ever thankful for His saving grace and for His inexplicable desire to spend time with me.

Thank you, Shawn, for the following Facebook entry:

"I wonder what takes place in a man that changes his desires from attaining what it is that Jesus offers, to simply wanting Jesus?

"In Mark's gospel the crowds were so persistent to get the healing miracles that they would just as soon crush Him to death for the opportunity to touch Him. They didn't care to know Him. Their concern was with themselves. In one instance He couldn't even take a meal in.

"I cannot judge. For years this was me. But something happens. We hear Him teach us, His Spirit enters, and we are transformed.

This is the promise of the New Covenant, friends.
"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds,
and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor
and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
for they shall all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,
and I will remember their sins no more.”

(Hebrews 8:10-12 ESV)"


No comments:

Post a Comment