Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Saturday, February 6, 2021

God's faithfulness, His call into fellowship with Christ


My early morning included a time of listening to a few classic hymns with my wife, including the one cited below. I then went on a hike, captured this image and immediately thought of "partnering" photo and Scripture. Following are the lyrics of "Great is Thy Faithfulness," written by Thomas Chisholm in 1923. Billy Graham often used this song at his evangelism meetings. We sang it often in the churches I grew up in (see Lamentations 3:23) so there is a sentimental attachment in addition to the joy of hearing the truth about our heavenly Father.

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;

There is no shadow of turning with Thee,

Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not,

As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon, and stars in their courses above;
Join with all nature in manifold witness,
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.

Thomas Chisholm, 1923

No comments:

Post a Comment