Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Dixie, Lou and divine appointment


Last week my desire to photograph new daffodils took me to the one-time train depot in our community. There, as I scanned the area for my flower shots, a gentleman with a dog on a leash approached me.

"Would you take a picture of my dog?" he asked politely.

"Of course. I'd be happy to," I responded.

Man and best friend struck a pose or two. I positioned myself for a couple of "portraits" of the dog, too, discovering the clouded eyes that confirm blindness.

In the few minutes we shared together, Lou told me that he was afraid 14-year-old Dixie would not live to her birthday in August.

"How can I get these photos to you?" I asked. Lou gave me a telephone number and pointed to the apartment complex he calls home.

A busy weekend passed. I edited my photos, posted one on my photo website, and finally on Monday headed for a downtown store with an instant-print machine. Printed photos in hand, I called Lou.

"Oh, I've been praying you would call!" he said, adding: "My dog Dixie died the same day you took our picture."

Minutes later I met Lou outside his apartment complex. Tears welled up in his eyes as he thanked me for this precious gift. Because of Covid restrictions we parted with a handshake, but not before I gave Lou my telephone number.

"I'm very sorry for your loss," I said. "We'll talk again."

My hope is that when Lou said, "I've been praying," it was evidence that he is a Christ follower. Either way, I look forward to the day we can get together again and talk about Jesus. After all, we were drawn together by divine appointment.

"The Spirit told Philip, 'Go to that chariot and stay near it.' Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. 'Do you understand what you are reading?' Philip asked. 'How can I,' he said, 'unless someone explains it to me?' So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him." Acts 8:29-31



No comments:

Post a Comment