Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Divine appointment


I am a photographer, and one of my creative outlets is a website where I post new images almost daily. It was for this purpose that I drove yesterday to the site of a park area under construction at a residential neighborhood on the Fidalgo Island shoreline. Or so I thought. I did take a photo (that's Mike in photo above), but I soon discovered God had a plan other than my simple desire to take a photograph. I had learned on a previous visit that stone worker Mike is a fellow believer. As was the case the first time we met, Mike welcomed me in the midst of his work. On this day, however, the Lord led us into conversation that included talk of the physical challenges of building stone stairways, paths and walls alone, with only rare assistance from others. Many of the rocks Mike works with weigh hundreds of pounds. Most weigh less, but there are hundreds of them to be lifted and finessed into place. In short, there is great opportunity for injury. As our morning visit drew to a close, the prompting was clear. I asked Mike if I could pray with him, and without hesitation he said, "Yes." The prayer that followed was brief, thanking God for protecting Mike's body in the many years he has devoted to his trade, and asking that He would continue to keep him safe from injury as he applies his considerable God-given skills to completion of this latest project. Mike said, "Thank you," and gave me a hug. Gifts for each of us, from the Father. Another "divine appointment." May I continue to learn, Lord, to hear your voice and respond to your desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment