Welcome

This is a website dedicated to Jesus Christ.
It will be "a work in progress," reflecting the Lord's
inspiration.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Letter from a godly father


My rental home was burglarized and burned in 1979, but among the few things miraculously saved from that disaster was a collection of old letters. Among them was a letter from my father, written during an extended working trip to Washington, D.C., and mailed to our family home in Everett, Washington. The letter, dated February 16, 1967, is one of my most cherished possessions, even more so now that Dad has gone on to be with the Lord. It read in part:
"It bothers me that I have a job where I go away so much, because even if I'm not the 'big buddy' type of Dad - just being there means something to you I hope. I hope you never forget that while you're growing up - when you start off on your own, and for all your life, Christ is the steady, always beside you friend that won't fail you, even if loved ones and others do.
"He's been good to us - to me - more than I deserve. Your mother means so much to me and all of you (kids) have been healthy and get along well in school and are good kids wherever you go. Please always stay close to Jesus in prayer and remember me as I do you."
Love, Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment